List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Moving to git [was: Re: amarok moved to git]
From:       Marek Laane <bald () smail ! ee>
Date:       2009-07-20 12:57:22

esmaspäev, 20. juuli 2009 15:39:29 kirjutas Lydia Pintscher:
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 14:29, Frank Weng (a.k.a.
>
> Franklin)<franklin@goodhorse.idv.tw> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does that mean that the translation files are going to move to git as
> > well?
>
> No the current plan is to keep them in svn until you translators say
> you are ready to move (if ever). I can't promise anything of course
> but that is the agreed upon plan for now as far as I know.
>

> Cheers
> Lydia

just for curiosity, could somebody explain what exactly would moving to git
mean to translators (I mean, when e.g. all KDE decides to make a move)? New
tools for managing translations? New layout or structure for translations? Or
just changing repos' addresses for translator's existing svn client? Something
that'd be easier than now with svn, or rather complexer?

Marek Laane
Estonian translator