List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Translations for Weather condition/forecast strings
From:       Shawn Starr <shawn.starr () rogers ! com>
Date:       2009-07-07 20:43:30

I want to discuss the request for translating these strings. Right now we have
around 600-650 strings for 3 weather providers

An example of these is: http://www.weather.gov/xml/current_obs/weather.php

These strings are not in proper sentence form. They are in this case, summary
strings.  For example "Thunderstorm Light Rain Hail Fog"  in English would be
"Thunderstorm with light rain, hail and fog"

What is the solution? For me, I merely just display these strings. I use some
of them to map to icons.

Thanks,
Shawn.