List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE 4.2 / KDE 4.3 translations
From:       Karl Ove Hufthammer <karl () huftis ! org>
Date:       2009-06-24 15:21:36

Onsdag 24. juni 2009 skreiv Martin Schlander:
>> This time we've just made the branching the translations happen at the
>> same time of the code since it makes more sense.
>
>Not from my perspective ;-)

Personally, I like this early branching. It’s much more confusing and
stressful if you change the branch just days before the release.

>This means:
>
>a) we have to switch branch in the middle of a hectic translation round -
>which likely leads to some confusion, especially for "normal" translators,
> but also to some degree for coordinators I'll expect.

The solution is of course to move to the summit workflow:
http://techbase.kde.org/Localization/Workflows/PO_Summit

Only one set of files to translate, and never having to worry about
synchronisation of stable and trunk translations. We (the Norwegian
team) has been using it for almost a year, and are very happy with it.

(At the moment it’s probably best to wait a day or two before
starting using it, to ensure that all the templates are properly
updated.)

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer