List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: looking for a script
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-05-27 22:01:49

> [: Fernando Boaglio :]
> Is there any similar script like *posieve.py *which uses a dictionary from
> ispell [...]

Now there is.

First of all, is it Ispell in particular what you need, i.e. the existing
check-spell sieve which uses Aspell is not satisfactory?

Anyway, I've just committed the check-spell-ec  sieve, which relies on
Enchant frontend to various spell-checkers, like Aspell, Ispell, Myspell,
etc. It needs the PyEnchant Python module, which on Debian is the
python-enchant package. If the locale variables are properly set up, Ispell
installed and its dictionary picked up as primary for given language, then
the sieve can be executed simply as:

  $ posieve check-spell-ec foo.po

But if a wrong spell-checker or language is picked up for some reason, they
may be explicitly stated, either in command line:

  $ posieve check-spell-ec -sprovider:ispell -slang:pt_BR foo.po

or in ~/.pologyrc:

  [enchant]
  provider = ispell
  language = pt_BR

Full doc on the sieve in doc/html/pology.sieve.check_spell_ec-module.html of
Pology's tree.

[1] I didn't simply replace original check-spell because of some of its
specialties, regarding both sieve's functionality and Aspell features which
are not accessible through Enchant.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team