A Dijous, 30 d'abril de 2009, Burkhard Lück va escriure: > Am Donnerstag 30 April 2009 00:19:18 schrieb Albert Astals Cid: > > A Dimecres, 29 d'abril de 2009, Burkhard Lück va escriure: > > > Hi, > > > > > > in kdeplasma-addons/applets/lancelot all messages are extracted > > > properly to the catalog lancelot. > > > > > > But these translations are not used by lancelot launcher nor lancelot > > > part. > > > > > > LancelotApplication.cpp has a setMainCatalog("lancelot") call, but this > > > does not work. > > > > > > launcher/LancelotApplet.h has K_EXPORT_PLASMA_APPLET(lancelot-launcher, > > > ...), so renaming the catalog lancelot to > > > plasma_applet_lancelot-launcher pulls in all translation for lancelot > > > launcher . > > > > > > In the attached patch for branch I have removed the useless > > > setMainCatalog() call in LancelotApplication.cpp and added a > > > setMainCatalog() call for the lancelot part. > > > > > > With this patch and "move messages/kdeplasma-addons/lancelot > > > messages/kdeplasma-addons/plasma_applet_lancelot-launcher.po" > > > lancelot launcher + part are fully translated here. > > > > > > It's not much time to fix this for 4.2.3! > > > > > > Commit the patch and rename the catalog? > > > > Arggg, didn't see that, won't make if for 4.2.3, renaming in this stage > > is so dangerous, tried to use insertCatalog instead setMainCatalog? That > > should work without involving renaming catalogs, if you can try it and > > commit it before tag it would be good. > > Sorry, I could not fix this so far, because I did not understand the i18n > bugs in lancelot completely until now. > > In recent svn we have so far: > * one catalog "lancelot" with all messages for lancelot part + launcher > * lancelot part pulls the translation from the non existing > catalog "plasma_applet_lancelot-part" > * lancelot launcher pulls the translation from two different catalogs, > from "lancelot" and from the non existing > catalog "plasma_applet_lancelot-launcher". > The "Menu" page of the settings get the translation from both catalogs, > this depends on the way you open this page. > That's the weirdest i18n behaviour I've ever found... > > With the attached patch (some additional insertCatalog calls) lancelot > launcher and lancelot part are translated here without renaming the > catalog "lancelot". > (The patch in LancelotWindow.cpp makes the action names in the "Configure > Shortcuts" dialog of lancelot translatable) > Could someone give it a try? As said lancelot never worked for me (i have to accept i didn't loose a single second trying to make it work). The LancelotWindow::sectionNames() patch seems like it should not be there as those texts seem to be only used to answer a dbus call, about the other, if it works for you i think it's safe to commit. > Btw plasma seems to have another i18n bug, the category names ("Application > Launchers", "Astronomy") in the drop down box of the "Add Widget" dialog > are untranslatable? Can you file a bug about it? Albert