List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: XML errors
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-04-19 21:50:36

A Diumenge, 19 d'abril de 2009, Marek Laane va escriure:
> Monday, 20. April 2009 00:08:44 kirjutas Albert Astals Cid:
> > A Diumenge, 19 d'abril de 2009, Frederik Schwarzer va escriure:
> > > On Saturday 18 April 2009 00:21:18 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,

> > > nice pages. :)
> > > Is it possible to ignore lines starting with "#~" ?
> > > I know scripty might reuse these messages but warning the team if the
> > > message is actually used is probably enough. What do you think?
> >
> > Read the list ;-)
> >
> > It is possible, but i won't do it, the rationale is exactly the one you
> > say. Of course you don't need to use my run of the pology XML tools, you
> > can run them yourself and choose to ignore #~ messages if you want.
> >
> > To see how to get this errors for yourself read the list too, "XML
> > problems in messages and docmessages" probably the procedure is a bit
> > outdated, ask if you can't sort it out.
> >
> > Albert
> >
> > > Regards
>
> So, it means one has to use some text editor to achieve zero-status? AFAIK
> specialized translations tools, i.e. Lokalize or KBabel don't show
> commented strings...

That or either ignore them or file a wish against lokalize to add the option
of showing commented messages.

And of course, you should remember, NUMBERS ARE JUST NUMBERS and SCRIPTS ARE
JUST SCRIPTS, having better numbers does not necessarily mean the translations
are better, and scripts sometimes fail too (in general, these doesn't seem to
fail and if it does Chusslove fixes it fast :-))

Albert