List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: request for context
From:       Federico Zenith <federico.zenith () member ! fsf ! org>
Date:       2009-03-31 5:38:09

On lunedì 30 marzo 2009 23:55:26 Andrew Coles wrote:
> > (If you are at it, ~20 lines below there is "Sending...."
> > with 4 dots, one dot
> > too much.)
>
> Actually, that's correct, don't change it.  Sentences should finish with
> periods, even if they have an ellipsis (three period marks) just before
> them.

[citation needed]
If that is the case, that is the first time I see it. In any case:

1) grepping for "\.\.\." in the current stable message templates gave me 2397
matches, for "\.\.\.\." only 1, in Kalzium. Something's amiss here.

2) "Sending", in the original message, is one of those short messages in the
status bar that, when without an ellipsis, do not have a full stop anyway.

Cheers,
-Federico