List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Split sentence in digikam.po
From:       Yukiko Bando <ybando () k6 ! dion ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2009-01-15 11:32:47

Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dimecres 14 Gener 2009, Marcel Wiesweg va escriure:

> > Yes, it will be displayed in two lines. The idea was to display in
> > different font sizes/styles (the first part larger), but currently it's
> > the same size.
>
> If this is going to stay that way you should add to the context how the
> sentence is shown so they can know how to split itself, but i guess
> splitting might not make much sense for some languages.

Right. The word order of Japanese translation of the complete sentence would
be something like "following conditions meeting pictures your collection
search" so it would look weird if the first part is visually emphasized. I can
workaround the problem by translating the sentence as two independent messages
(title and description) but I'd prefer to show the original message simply in
one line.

If it will be displayed in two lines with different styles, please remember to
include markup tags in i18n calls so translators can control them. Italicizing
and small font size are not suitable for Japanese characters.

Thanks.

Yukiko