List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: How to become a KDE Translator?
From:       "Jaime Robles" <jaime () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-01-04 21:19:10

Just for your information...

To enter the KDE-ES team (Spanish) I have a FAQ[1] written in Spanish that
I ask EVERY new applicant to read carefully.

I ask them to send an email to the translation team mailing list and I
exchange some mails with them (just 2-4) in Spanish in order to have an
idea if he/she has a good knowledge of Spanish written.

The worst part of my job as Translation Team Coordinator is when I have to
say "no thank you, we do not need your help" because the applicant does
not have a good Spanish writting. I is not usual but it happens.

Another thing we do is to maintain a list of assigned work packages and
run a "process" to confirm the assignation once every... 3-6 months in
order to keep the list of assigned work updated.

[1] http://es.l10n.kde.org/faq.php and
http://jaime.robles.es/datos/FAQ/kde-es.html

Regards.

--