List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: String freeze exception for kio_sftp
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2008-12-28 17:36:29

On Sonntag, 28. Dezember 2008, Michael Leupold wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've just tried fixing some of the annoyances with the sftp kioslave. The
> main problem is that some error conditions that happen quite often weren't
> checked by it so far. You might have come across some of the empty error
> dialogs without text.
>
> To properly fix it I'd like to ask for a string freeze exception for 3
> strings to be added to kdebase/runtime/kioslave/sftp/ksshprocess.cpp:
> - "Name or service not known."
> - "Connection refused."
> - "Bad port."
>
> The only other option would be to show the raw ssh command output to the
> user. Thus I hope I can still get the strings in.
>
> Please CC me on replies as I'm not subscribed.

Ok for the german team.
But please provide a better message instead of „Bad port." Or at least provide
context information to it, so that translators can see, what this error is
about exactly (invalid port? port not connected? firewalled? no reply on this
port? port not allowed by sftp-specification?). You can use the function
i18nc("context", "Bad Port") to specify context information.
Same applies to "Name or Service not known." - could you include the service?
Something like "Name or Service not known: %1".

Cheers
Thomas