List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: "wrong" translation of the comic plasmoid
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2008-12-25 9:00:08

On Dienstag, 23. Dezember 2008, Matthias Fuchs wrote:

> It's the same as for Konqueror. Konqueror uses "&Tatsächliche Größe" for
> that. Currently I'm searching where that is stored, so that I could use the
> same explanation or maybe a hint that the translation is supposed to be the
> same as XY.

The string which konqueror uses is in kdelibs4.po, msgid 1414. It comes from
the file kdelibs/kdeui/shortcuts/kstandardshortcut.cpp:156. If you want to
re-use this string, don't forget to copy the message context too!

msgid "Actual Size"
msgstr "Tatsächliche Größe"
msgctxt "@action"

If you copy this string, it will not introduce a new string for translators.
BUT: I guess that this is not what you want. The string mentioned above is
declared as an „action" (see msgctxt), while your string looks like an
„option" instead.

Cheers
Thomas