List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Places names in kfile dialog untranslated?
From:       Karl Ove Hufthammer <karl () huftis ! org>
Date:       2008-12-11 20:00:22

Thomas Reitelbach:

>> > I really believe this should be treated as a bug, not a feature. Or at
>> > least a „buggy feature" ;-)
>>
>> Open a bug report about it or mail Kevin Ottens or David Faure directly
>> about it. It's out of my scope here :D
>
> Yes, I will do so. I just wanted to hear the opinions from other
> translators befor I open the bug :)

Yeah, I would call it a bug. And an annoying one too.

I found a similar bug in KMail. The names of the various aggregation views
(e.g., ‘Activity by Date, Threaded') are fixed after you first start KMail.

I was very surprised when the strings continued to be untranslated even
after I had translated them. This also means that it's impossible to
improve the translations (or the original English names) for people that
have launched KMail at least once.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer