List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Adding a new language to KDE: shs
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-10-25 17:32:53

> [: Neskie Manuel :]
> it doesn't pick up the localization files. Is there something I'm
> missing??

It doesn't pick the UI messages, or KAnagram's special data?

If messages don't show up, then what you did should have been enough (in
fact, it is enough to put MO file in the proper place to use it with
KDE_LANG=..., no need for the entry.desktop etc.) Since you are just
testing, another way would be to install some packaged language and replace
its MOs.

I've no advice for KAnagram's data, but same idea of replacing files from
some installed language should work.

> [...] localizing kids educational games first like kanagram and other apps
> before we begin work on kdelibs4.po.

Though kdelibs4 is used by all KDE apps since many shared pieces of KDE
framework (standard dialogs, messages, etc.) come from it. Likewise for kio4
catalog.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team