List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Adept 3 translation
From:       Diego Iastrubni <elcuco () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-10-21 22:28:33

> Asked the programmer, he said "Ah, hmm, sorry -- no idea. Probably in
> launchpad."
They don't want to play the open source, sharing game? Their lost.

> > By The Way, thanks to the magnificent launchpad, Kubuntu 8.10 will be
> > translated to Dutch for 20%, whereas the official KDE is 99%
>
> Yeah, the situation sucks and they keep saying launchpad is a good idea,
> not much more we can do :/
Albert, don't give up!

We must address this issue, this is getting much harder to kill this
translation fork, and most people fail to understand whats wrong, and why KDE
is not coopertaing with Ubuntu... while the the EXACT OPPOSITE.

THIS MUST BE ADDRESSED BY THE KDE COMMUNITY before a much bigger disaster will
happen. Downstream are breaking our product, and this means that the users
are not seeing what we are doing.

THIS IS NOT A WANTED SITUATION.

Sorry for the caps, but this is serious and is becomming more serious each
release of ubuntu, in which more continutors work on those forks and not with
us.