Op Di., den 30. Sep.'08, hett Chusslove Illich dit Klock 01.44 schreven: > Keeping in mind Diego's suggestion to test on one trunk module, I think so > long as some testing should be done, it's better to do it on summit POs, as > it would include many more POs in the trial and wouldn't have any effect on > normal, branch POs. However... > >> [: Chusslove Illich :] >> On the other hand, activating it for summit POs per language is a trifle >> (one line in messages.extras.summit), so one way or the other the script >> will be pressed into action. [...] > > Now I realize that, for arcane reasons, a merged summit PO cannot be > repacked just like that. So repacking cannot be enabled per language in > summit, but must be done for summit templates instead, influencing all > summit POs. This means I have to ask summit users how do they feel about > it -- Yukiko, Karl, Soenke? :) > > [...] > > This repacking requires nothing extra in daily summit ops, it's completely > invisible. The only issue, and why I ask of approval, is that the repacking > script may screw up something, e.g. malform POTs, silently drop messages; on > the plus side, in summit this would be easily detected, either immediately > on gather, or by reports of missing messages on scatter. > For me, there are more pros than cons. And what would be life without a little risk here and there? Go ahead, please. Regards, Sönke