List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Techbase article on the PO format
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-09-28 18:09:43

>> [: Chusslove Illich :]
>> [...] po2txt command is part of Translate Toolkit (http:/
>> /translate.sourceforge.net/), which on my system comes by as translate-
>> toolkit package.
>
> [: mvillarino :]
> Do this imply dependencies?

Not sure if I'm understanding the question correctly. My Debian package says
it depends on a few things, but python-pysqlite2 seems like the only
dependency possibly not already present on any system...

> [...] split2po command takes a <source_lang> docbook file, the
> corresponding translated <target_lang> docbook file, and builds the po-
> file. Had you something like that, applied to wiki [...]

Hm, wouldn't wiki-edits overriding the PO content somewhat defeat the
purpose of working through a PO file in the first place? Would make full
sense though if there is something already translated in wiki form, and the
wish is to continue translating through PO.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team