List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Tooltips in KDE 4.2
From:       Diego Iastrubni <elcuco () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-09-24 20:36:37

On Wednesday 24 September 2008 02:48:36 David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 September 2008, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > When i said simplyfying tooltips is ok, i meant "simplyfying tooltips",
> > your commit removed <qt> from things that were not tooltips.
>
> I wish people made more testcases :-)
> Even in tooltips, <qt> or <html> can be necessary...
>
> #include <QtGui>
>
> int main(int argc, char** argv)
> {
>     QApplication app(argc, argv);
>     QLabel* label = new QLabel(0);
>     label->setText("label");
>     label->show();
>     label->setToolTip("This is another test for richtext\nThis should be
> <b>bold</b>"); return app.exec();
> }

Testing your small test case reveals that what I have been told by TT is not
valid in qt-copy... that's wierd. I will investigate.

On Wednesday 24 September 2008 02:48:36 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>I wish Qt support engineers did not lie people
>So Diego sorry but you'll have to go back to Qt people and tell them they not
>lie you.
Albert, go drink a glass of water and calm down. No real damage has been done.
Yes, a huge mess up happend (and it was caused by me, not TT), and then David
kicked ass once more and got it in time (strigi did not work, or did it?)

It's probably a miss understanding between me and the TT engeneer taking my
support call. As I am not a native english speacking this kind of this will
happen. You know "shit happens".

No babies got scares, no cats got boiled. I will have to spend a little more
time understanding where and how this works or does not and contact once more
TT. That's all.