List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE/kdelibs
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-09-23 21:06:16

On Tuesday 23 September 2008, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> Remove obsolte <qt></qt> tags from kdelibs (those tags were needed in Qt3, no \
> longer needed in Qt4),

No longer needed? That's just completely wrong.

Try this test app to see what I mean:

#include <QtGui>

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
    QApplication app(argc, argv);
    QMessageBox::warning(0, "Bad idea", "This is a test to see how Qt detects \
richtext.\nRemoving all qt tags with a sed script is a really really (well I do mean \
is a test to see how Qt detects richtext.\nRemoving all qt tags with a sed script is \
app.exec(); }

The first message box will show litteral <b> tags, while the second one will show \
bold.... nothing different from Qt3 from what I remember.

> KAboutDialog's labels are now in RichText mode and not auto, since qt-copy failed \
> to understand that this was rich text.

Well, it seems to noticed this problem too. But are you going to test each and every \
piece of code you changed? Because this is the only way to do this right. Well, IMHO \
the best way to do this right is for Qt to handle <html> as "this is richtext", not \
as something saying anything about LTR or RTL.

You want my opinion? Revert.