List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Untranslated messages in kaddressbook
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-09-22 22:11:42

A Dilluns 22 Setembre 2008, Burkhard Lück va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> There are still some untranslated messages in kaddressbook and I have no
> idea why:
>
> "Default Table View" in menu View is not translatable, this is a really old
> bug, has already been in kde3.
> String is in kaddressbook/common/kaddressbook.kcfg, but not as <label>.

That's a bug in the code.

I'm working on ways to fix it.

> "Protocol"
> "Adress"
> "Note: Please read the help page before adding or editing Instant Messaging
> Addresses here."
> These messages from kaddressbook/editors/imeditorbase.ui are properly
> extracted and translated, but the translations are _not_ displayed at
> runtime.

That's a bug in Messages.sh, in an attempt to help translators it sets the
context of everything inside "Instant messaging" but then does not use this
context, so the translation system is lost.

I have to find some time to do it the proper way.

> "Homepage:" from
> kaddressbook/addresseeeditorwidget.cpp
> label = new QLabel( i18nc( "<urlLabel>:", "%1:",
> KABC::Addressee::urlLabel() ), tab1 );
> is properly extracted and translated, but I see no translation.

The "Homepage" should end up in "kabc.po" but it's not there, it's a problem
becuase the file containing the text is autogenerated. I'm looking into that
too.

So all in all, no solution, but i'm on it for the three.

Albert