List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Techbase article on the PO format
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-09-06 12:40:15

Since long time ago I wanted to write a shakedown cruise through the PO
format for translators, a text which would not only present the technical
bits in terse and arbitrary order, but gradually introduce the format
elements, explain rationales behind them, and in a way which promotes crack
practices. So finally I wrote one:

http://techbase.kde.org/Localization/Concepts/PO_Odyssey

Being wiki and all, it would be nice if someone would go about zapping
grammar and style issues (e.g. my non-existing feeling for articles and
neverending sentences...) Of course, any substantial observations go without
saying.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team