List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: c-format in amarok
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-08-07 17:30:38

A Dijous 07 Agost 2008, Krzysztof Lichota va escriure:
> 2008/8/6 Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org>:
> > A Dimecres 06 Agost 2008, Kevin Scannell va escriure:
> >> This string in amarok.po is causing me problems:
> >>
> >> #: App.cpp:856
> >> #, c-format, kde-format
> >> msgctxt "d for days"
> >> msgid "%1d"
> >> msgstr "%1l"
> >>

> >> Is that "c-format" correct?  The msgctxt would suggest it's not.
> >
> > Fixed.
> >
> > Albert
>
> Is there any place where c-format is used in KDE? If not, why don't we
> just turn off generating c-format tags to avoid such errors
> altogether?

Well we actually don't forbid people using printf, sprintf, etc. although it's
greatly discouraged and probably noone uses it, but i'm not sure disable it
it's the correct way to go, because you probably can not enable it on a case
per case basis as we do with the disabling, so if someone ever needs it, he's
in a problematic situation.

Albert