List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: plasmapkg
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-06-01 9:55:10

> [: Karl Ove Hufthammer :]
> That assumes that joining words with spaces is reasonable for all
> languages. It's not. Some languages doesn't even use spaces, and others
> require a different ways of writing lists (e.g. a 'and' before the last
> item in the list).

But the catch is precisely that this is not a list of words, and shouldn't
form a proper written sentence at all (joining by spaces means it is also
not a proper sentence in English). It is more like an "expanded listbox".
One could also think of it as sequence of little images in a row.

Of course, if such solution/explanation is not at all admissible for a
certain language, then we should figure out a more formal, language-
dependent way for formatting keyword sequences.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team