List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: spellchecker
From:       Martin Schlander <suse () linuxin ! dk>
Date:       2008-05-20 11:49:01

Tirsdag den 20. Maj 2008 12:52:30 skrev Miguel Branco:
> I'm Miguel. I'm a KDE translator to Galician (gl).
>
> Unfortunately there's no 'kde spell checker' for my language and I've not
> the abilities to do one. Fortunately, there's a myspell and a hunspell
> dictionary for OOo and Firefox already. Does anybody knows the way to make
> those dictionaries work for the whole desktop?.

Which KDE-version?

KDE4.x is supposed to use Sonnet, which defaults to Enchant, which prefers
Hunspell, if I'm not mistaken. (gotta love all those abstraction layers ;-)

Not sure KDE3 supports neither myspell nor hunspell. Maybe the dictionaries
can be converted to ispell or aspell format. Maybe some scripts exist, dunno.