List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE 4.1 warmup: Alpha1 translations
From:       "=?UTF-8?Q?M=C4=81ris_Narti=C5=A1s?=" <maris.kde () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-04-22 6:25:10

As KDE 4.1 starts to warm up now it's right time to clarify transition
of translations from KDE 4.0 (stable) to 4.1 (current trunk, next
stable).
I would be really thankful, if somebody could explain in simple terms
what will happen when 4.1 will approach sable phase and what needs to
be done by translation team managers.

In KDE Latvian translation team, as example for small teams (2 active
members + some "guests"), we where working on polishing and enhancing
stable (4.0) translations and  we have not touched trunk (except for
things, that where not included in stable). What are "best practice"
steps we should take to move our stable translations to next stable
release? Checkout stable and trunk and do msgmerge on our side?
Check-in stable translations into trunk and let scripty to merge them?
Wait for a miracle to happen?

Thank You for reading and answering,
Latvian team coordinator,
Maris.