List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Python script to generate CMakeLists.txt
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-04-20 20:01:38

>> [: Chusslove Illich :]
>> Baring any possible bugs due to rewriting the script [...]
>
> [: Christian Ehrlicher :]
> As I said - I tested it for de and it generated the same [...]

Just making a usual remark-on-rewrite. To replace the current script, it
obviously at least needs to be run on every language. I'd try it out, but my
machine with full checkout of l10n-kde4/ is not just now at my disposal.

> I'm not aware of other bash scripts in our buildsystem which need to run
> on windows. Do you know one?

I don't even know what "needs to run on Windows" mean. There are many Bash
scripts in support of l10n, for the people who may need to run them during
development; and none, including autogen.sh, is needed to build a released
language pack. So, I thought, if autogen.sh is usefull to run, another might
be too.

It's just the reasoning that's strange to me: let's rewrite a certain Bash
script because it's usefull in a certain developer context on a certain
platform with not exactly stellar support for Bash scripting. Don't get me
wrong: I've nothing against autogen.py, but a reason like "it was getting
too big and ugly for Bash, so I rewrote it Python" would have been more
understandable to me :)

The single current case is l10n-kde4/sr/, where there is a sr@latin subdir.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)