List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: PO files : a few things to correct ?
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-04-12 11:09:11

A Dissabte 12 Abril 2008, Jean-Jacques FINAZZI va escriure:
> Hello all,
>
> I noticed a few things that should be corrected (IMHO) or could be
> enhanced in stable. Of course, this may happen in trunk too.

Only trunk, there's no need to fuzzy the strings in stable to do minor things
like these.

> 1/ I noticed a few words "Lirc" used instead of "LIRC" (Linux Infrared
> Remote Control). I made a global search on stable and trunk PO files. It
> occurs in the msgid of these PO files :
> - stable/kdeutils/irkick.po
>     msgid #1, #2 : Lirc->LIRC (as for #18)
> - stable/kdeutils/kcmlirc.po
>     msgid #6 : Lirc->LIRC

Fixed

>     Moreover in kcmlirc.po the Copyright string in msgid #8 seems not to
> follow KDE standards

I don't see any problem with it. Can you say what you find different?

> 2/ I noticed the word "set-uid" is used instead of "setuid" (eg. :
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setuid). I made a global search on stable
> PO files.
> - stable/kdeutils/klaptopdaemon.po
>     msgid #16, #28, #33 : set-uid -> setuid

Done.

> 3/ In stable/kdeutils/ksim.po :
> - msgid #151 : I noticed 2 incorrect spellings of "GKrellM" (see
> http://www.gkrellm.net/) : "GKrell*m* theme support. To use *gkrellm*
> themes". I made a global search on stable PO files.

Fixed

> - msgid #145 : the word "monitor" could be added, like what's done for
> other msgid (eg. : #37 (CPU), #55 (Dell I8K), #99 (disk), #109 (mail)).
> So it could be "A filesystem *monitor* plugin for KSim"

Done

> 4/ In stable/kdeutils/kcmkwallet.po :
> - msgid#12 : not only passwords, but other kinds of data to protect ?

Can you provide a better string?

> - msgid#16 : add a dot (.) after "Close wallet after a period of
> inactivity", or remove the dot for msgid #19 and #21 (so that all 3
> msgid are similar)

Done

Thanks for the contribution.

Albert