List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Need some help translating marble.pot
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten.rahn () credativ ! de>
Date:       2008-03-16 19:31:26

> #: src/lib/PlaceMarkInfoDialog.cpp:88
> msgid "Elevation extreme"
> What is it? :)

"Elevation extremes" are points on earth which have a significant outstanding
height (or deepness):

On one hand this could be hills and mountains but also extremely deep points
under the sea: As examples think of the Mount Everest in Asia or the Marianas
Trench in the Pacific Ocean.

> msgid ""
> "A Real Time.Cloud Map that gets updated every 3 hours. It uses GOES, "
> "METEOSAT, and GMS satellite imagery downloaded from the Geostationary "
> "Satellite Imagery page at Dundee University.  Credits: Hari Nair, Xplanet
> " "Project"
>
> A Real Time.Cloud Map -> A real time cloud map ?

Yes. It's a cloud map that gets updated every three hours according to the
latest clouds displayed by satellite photos.

> Marble is a bit strange contraption. It consists of the "Marble widget"

There is nothing strange about Marble. It's using a widget which is solely
depending on Qt. There are a lot of other widgets offered as a part of Qt
which also only depend on Qt and which get used in KDE as well. The only
strange thing I see is that Qt and KDE can't agree on a common mechanism to
translate things. Now that is a pretty bad, hilarious and strange thing when
it comes to code reusage.

Torsten Rahn

Author of Marble Desktop Globe

--
 Torsten Rahn

 Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz