List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Need some help translating marble.pot
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-03-14 13:21:30

> [: Yukiko Bando :]
>   #: src/lib/geodata/parser/GeoParser.cpp:93
>   #, kde-format
>   msgid "Parsing failed. Still %1 unclosed tags after document end."
> [...]
> [...] if it refers to the number of unclosed tags, shouldn't this string
> have plural forms?

Marble is a bit strange contraption. It consists of the "Marble widget" or
something, which does most of the job, and the "Marble application", which
is a lightweight wrapper to this widget. The catch is that the author plans
this widget part to be KDE-independent eventually, i.e. Qt-only; now, Qt
knows nothing about plural handling, and looking into the code, this message
is precisely one of those from the widget part. So it cannot make use of the
plural call.

Of course, such non-KDE but KDE-lookalike POs shouldn't be in the KDE
modules proper, but either translated elsewhere or comparamentalized within
a special module (e.g. the present qt/). The author does plan to move the
non-KDE widget part out of the KDE/kdeedu (soon?), and then we'll see
what exactly to do with translations.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team