List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [KDE-i18n-nl] ligature translations removed from svn
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-02-28 18:48:05

A Dijous 28 Febrer 2008, Kevin Scannell va escriure:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 6:59 AM, Rinse de Vries <rinsedevries@kde.nl> wrote:
> > Op donderdag 28 februari 2008, schreef Sebastian Kügler:
> > > On Wednesday 27 February 2008 23:45:50 Rinse de Vries wrote:
> >  > > I just noticed that ligature.po and other po files associated with
> >  > > that program were removed from SVN..
> >  > >
> >  > > I would ask if such removings could be announced first in this list,
> >  > > because altough the application might be gone, the translations
> >  > > still can be used for translation memories and such.
> >  > > For that purpose, i keep a private repository containing orphaned
> >  > > translation files from the past.
> >  > > If a deletion is announced, i can put the files aside before doing a
> >  > > SVN up. Now i need to grab them from SVN history, which isn't an
> >  > > easy task.
> >  >
> >  > Apps shouldn't be deleted anyway in the first place, but moved to
> >  > tags/unmaintained ...
> >
> >  Well, ligature itself did go to that section.
> >  Perhaps it's an idea to move translations with it to unmaintained in
> > stead of removing them?
>
> I'd like to second this suggestion - the unmaintained domains are an
> important part of the translation memory and keeping them alive in svn
> would make it much easier to maintain them.
> Kevin

Noone is forbidding you to do so, get removed po files, concatenate them and
put them inside a big .po inside mylanguage/internal/ if you want. But unless
we keep things clean in officially released directories it will get more a
mess than it actually is.

Albert