List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: krunner, what do these strings mean?
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-02-23 22:59:59

> [: Rinse de Vries :]
> I noticed the following strings in kdebase/krunner:
> [...]
> Maximum number of query matching threads able run simultaneously.
> [...]
> The number of threads used scales with [...]
> [...]
> Can anyone give me a hint what exactly they mean?

My interpretation: To expedite matching, i.e. processing of queries, KRunner
splits off several execution threads to do the matching simultaneously. The
first message tells that the user can limit the maximum number of such
threads. The second tells that the more processors in the system (cores
these days), the more such threads will be started ("scales with..."), up to
the limit set by the user (if set).

(In the first message, probably it should be "allowed to" instead of
"able".)

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team