List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: manual install from cvs
From:       "Donatas G." <dgvirtual () akl ! lt>
Date:       2008-02-22 13:11:33

On Thursday 21 February 2008 23:41:05 Albert Astals Cid rašė:
> A Dimarts 19 Febrer 2008, Donatas G. va escriure:
> > On Monday 18 February 2008 22:42:44 Albert Astals Cid rašė:
> > > A Dilluns 18 Febrer 2008, Donatas G. va escriure:

> > > We have a README you might want to read ;-)
> >
> > Hey, that is a definitely bright idea :) I am surprised it did not come
> > to my mind... :)
> >
> > > ./scripts/autogen.sh lt
> > > cd lt
> > > cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIR .
> > > make
> > > su -c "make install"
> > >
> > > where $KDEDIR is the output of kde4-config --prefix
> >
> > I still get a problem at cmake:
> >
> > =====================
> > dg@bala:~/vertimai/eksperiment/kde4diegimas/l10n-kde4/lt$
> > cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/lib/kde4
> > -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
> > -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
> > -- Check size of void*
> > -- Check size of void* - done
> > -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
> > -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
> > CMake Error: ERROR: cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake not found
> > in /home/dg/.
> > kde4/share/apps;/usr/lib/kde4/share/kde4/apps
> > -- Configuring done
> > ====================
> >
> > While it is certainly installed, but in a different place:
> >
> > dg@bala:~/vertimai/eksperiment/kde4diegimas/l10n-kde4/lt$ apt-file search
> > FindKDE4Internal.cmake
> > kdelibs5-data:
> > usr/lib/kde4/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake
> >
> > so, instead of:
> > /usr/lib/kde4/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake
> > it is at:
> > /usr/lib/kde4/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake
> >
> > How do I inform the compiler about that?
>
> I have really no idea sorry, i would say it's a packager problem but
> Gerhard's solution is easy and straightfordward.

In the end I figured out that the file FindKDE4Internal.cmake is entirely
missing from current Kubuntu KDE4 build - it was present in some prerelease
version that is in the Universe repository but that is not possible to
install. So, no way to compile it in a regular way.

So I wrote a script that traverses all the directories with po files in a
specified svn sources directory, compiles the files into mo files and moves
them to the appropriate place in the kde4 file tree. Could share it if
somebody needs it. It works.

--
Donatas Glodenis
http://dg.lapas.info