List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Help-doc session-management  Option "manuell stored session".
From:       Norbert Lange-Schaefer <n.langeschaefer () web ! de>
Date:       2008-02-19 21:09:56

 Hi all,
I found a - at least for me - confusing explanation in the Help-doc for
the KDE-Part
- session-management (de: Sitzungsverwaltung)
- Option "manuell stored session".
I refer to the German translation but I'm sure the original english text is
identical.

German:
Manuell gespeicherte Sitzung wiederherstellen
Anstatt den Status wiederherzustellen, den KDE beim letzten Abmelden hatte,
wird ein Zustand wiederhergestellt, den Sie vorher manuell gespeichert haben.

1.   The first part of the sentence is a negation, "Instead of ...."
I'm NOt interested what NOT is, but what this Option does - think positiv!

2. The sentence ends with what you should have done BEFORE (store sesssion).
It left me with the question: "And how and where do I store the session?

Only after a long session of googeling did I find the answer:
AFTER activating this Option, there is a NEW Option in the KDE-starter
called "store session".
On a totally different and unexpected Positon from where I activate the
Option!

My suggestions:
AA) A clearer explanation:

English:
Restore manuall stored session:
On activating this option, a new Menu in the K-Menu apears, "store
session".
Now you can store the current setting of your Desktop (opened KDE-programs,
size, position, etc) by clicking on that menu. On the  next start your desktop
will default to that setting.

German:
Manuell gespeicherte Sitzung wiederherstellen
Wird diese Option aktiviert, erscheint ein neuer Menüpunkt im K-Menü: "Sitzung
speichern".
Dort können Sie dann den momentanen Stand ihrer Desktops (geöffnete
KDE-Programme, Größe, Aussehen usw.) speichern. Ab dem nächsten Start wird
dieser Zustand wieder hergestellt.

BB) logic and persitence: (I like that solution better)

Instead of having two different Positions (Kcontrol, K-Menu), put both
into the Kcontrol by adding an action-box
"store now".
-->see picture

...and thanks anyway for the help-doc!

have a nice day
Norbert Lange-Schäfer

["session-manager-suggestion.png" (image/png)]