List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    The fuzzy clock, solutions
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-01-28 17:51:35

The fuzzy clock plasma applet is currently in kdereview (template
plasma_applet_fuzzy_clock.pot), soon to be transferred to kdebase. This is
our old l10n archenemy, and you will find that it no longer does any
trickery (special 0/1 placeholders, etc.) to ad-hoc support some extra
languages. The fuzzy-time messages are now in standard format, that is,
hardcoded for English.

This was done (gotta like passive voice) to provide the least surprise for
the true general solution, scripting the fuzzy-times with Transcript, to
each language's content. I've just added an example of Transcript use that
should be sufficient to handle the fuzzy clock for many (all?) languages:
http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Localization/Concepts/Transcript#Automatic_Property_Calls

If you feеl lost with Transcript, or the necessary aerobatics surpasses what
the above application can do, describe here how it should be in your
language so that we fix up something together.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team