List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Open Email Message to the Opensource Project Group
From:       "Sveinn í Felli (IMAP)" <sveinki () nett ! is>
Date:       2008-01-22 11:17:12

Hillarious :-D

G Karunakar wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2008 2:41 PM, linuxa linux <linuxalinux@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> I contacted David Faure on January 17, 2008.  This was
>> about having a KWord Variant where 1 alphabet/letter -
>> the alphabet/letter K is removed and instead of that
>> you put the 1 alphabet/letter from the sanskrit
>> devanagri, namely the unicode glyph 0915 or html
>> decimal & # 2 3 2 5 ;
>>

> I think this I already indicated to you in an earlier mail you sent me
> too .. that take some free font, put your own glyph for 'K'  & use
> that font for your own use..
>
> there is no point trying to argue, to change rest of world to your need!
>
> Karunakar

...but without prejudice; this is either a personal
font/glyph problem (as indicated by Karunakar) - or
demanding a more technical remapping/codepage/keyboard
layout thing.
I presume that neither are really an i18n issue.
Suppose one could get into serious problems on the command
line if this meant a full new keyboard layout?

Anyway; there exist Ubuntu CE and ME distros; christian- and
military editions respectively; why not for some other
selective groups too :).

Sveinn í Felli