List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Fwd: contribute to Marathi KDE translation project
From:       "sandeep shedmake" <sandeep.shedmake () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-08 12:57:10

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hrishikesh (हृषीकेश मेहेंदळे) <hashinclude@gmail.com>
Date: Dec 30, 2007 11:38 PM
To: sandeep shedmake <sandeep.shedmake@gmail.com>

Hi Sandeep,

I've set up a sourceforge group (and mailing list) for the KDE Marathi
project. Please check the project site at
 https://sourceforge.net/projects/kde-l10n-mr

If you have a SF account, I can add you on as a co-administrator to
the team page.

One idea is that we keep all our "scratch" work in the SF repository,
and commit to the main KDE SVN only when the localization is in a
decent shape. Of course, the danger here is that we can go out of sync
with the main KDE tree, so it may not necessarily be the best
solution.

As for the actual translations, we need at least these four done
before it will be accepted as a "release"able localization:
 * 90% of kdelibs.pot
 * 100% of desktop_kdelibs.pot
 * 100% of desktop_l10n.pot
 * 75% of kdebase

Once we are done with these we can continue with the rest (and decide
priorities then). Did you get  a chance to take a look at the
translations page on http://marathi.hrishi.org? I have already enabled
your account there.

(Some of the code needs work, particularly with regards to hint
handling (_: foo)

Cheers,
Hrishikesh