List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Traces of keyboard accelerators (CJK issue)
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-10-21 13:07:49

> [: Yukiko Bando :]
> A problem occurs when this message is reused for icon text on toolbars,
> button tooltips and items in shortcut lists. The & is not displayed there
> but the other part remains [...]

The trick would be again to introduce few "filtering" messages, i.e. pure
"%1" with appropriate context, so that the bracketed part can be removed by
Transcript. However, this is only possible when KDE elements are in the
loop, not if pure Qt elements are used (we cannot add messages there, except
by trying to explain to Trolltech people why we would need a message such as
"%1" :)

Fortunately, the cases you mention, and the toolbar editor also came to my
mind, are all KDE, so I was able to insert the filtering messages. They
should appear in kdelibs4.po tomorrow, and you can script them like this:

  msgctxt "@item:intable Action name in shortcuts configuration"
  msgid "%1"
  msgstr "%1|/|$[~stripAccel %1]"

  msgctxt "@info:tooltip Action name in shortcuts configuration"
  msgid "%1"
  msgstr "%1|/|$[~stripAccel %1]"

  msgctxt "@item:intable Action name in toolbar editor"
  msgid "%1"
  msgstr "%1|/|$[~stripAccel %1]"

  msgctxt "@action:intoolbar Text label of toolbar button"
  msgid "%1"
  msgstr "%1|/|$[~stripAccel %1]"

  msgctxt "@info:tooltip Tooltip of toolbar button"
  msgid "%1"
  msgstr "%1|/|$[~stripAccel %1]"

(also committed ~stripAccel to ja/scripts/kdelibs/kdelibs4.js).

The result: http://caslav.gmxhome.de/image/cjk-accel-h01c.png

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team