List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Scripts to help translators and team coordinators
From:       "Donatas G." <dgvirtual () akl ! lt>
Date:       2007-09-17 7:09:19

Hello,

I have put together a bunch of scripts that I use in my translation work as
well as translation project management. Maybe someone else will find those
useful:
http://cli-apps.org/content/show.php/translation+helper+scripts?content=66449

I have been coordinating KDE Lithuanian translation team for a year now. As a
small team, we are very short of resources and we don't like loosing previous
translation work. So I have been using extensively tools to automate
translation process and project management, basically, those from
translate-toolkit. Over time I have also produced some scripts of my own. I
have tidied them up a little and put together "translation helper scripts"
project. I am posting the list of available files as a post-script.

--
Donatas Glodenis
http://dg.lapas.info

PS: AVAILABLE SCRIPTS
- ths-applysed.sh - apply a sed script to the whole project (the sed commands
have to be supplied in an external file).
- ths-pocompare.sh - compare two translation files using diff, unwrapps first
for best comparison.
- ths-pocompare-kdiff3.sh - compare two translation files using kdiff3,
unwrapps first for best comparison.
- ths-stripfuzzy.sh - makes all fuzzy strings non-fuzzy in a translation
project.
- ths-autotranslate.sh - automatically translates project files (may
initialize files that have not been started to translate) using a specified
compendium.
- ths-potopot.sh - converts po files to pot (template) files (basically strips
all the translation).
- ths-poupdate.sh - takes a bunch of files from a single directory and
transfers the translations therein to a translation file tree; may use the
new files either as primary, or as secondary translations.