List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Clarifications
From:       "Kevin Scannell" <kscanne () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-09-10 14:05:31

Could someone please clarify some of these messages for me:

in kteatime.po:

#: toplevel.cpp:282 toplevel.cpp:283
#, qt-format
msgid "%1 left for %2."
msgstr ""

Is %2 a length of time?

#: tea.cpp:33
#, qt-format
msgid "%1 a"
msgid_plural "%1 a"
msgstr[0] "%1 a"
msgstr[1] "%1 a"
msgstr[2] "%1 a"
msgstr[3] "%1 a"
msgstr[4] "%1 a"

Is "a" an abbreviation?

In parley.po:

#: query-dialogs/ArtQueryDlg.cpp:117
msgid "&natural:\t"
msgstr "&nádúrtha:\t"

Should this be "neuter" or "neutral", as in grammatical gender?  It
comes after strings "male" and "female", so I'm just guessing.

Also, in playground-base/plasma_applet_pager.po,
can someone tell me what kind of pager this is?  For Irish we
translate Unix pagers like "more" and "less" as "Page Browsers".
From what I've read on the plasma site this sounds like a "Desktop
Browser" or a "Window Browser" - is that right?

Kevin