List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: translation checking angainst a list of common errors
From:       "Josep Ma. Ferrer" <txemaq () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-31 9:00:21

En/na Donatas G. ha escrit:
> Hello,
>
> before KDE4 is released our team would like to check all out translation tree
> and eliminate all common mistakes of style, grammar etc.
>
> I am thinking about automating this process, but cannot find a proper tool.
>
> Maybe someone has done it before and has made a script to check translation tree
> against a list of mistakes?

     Kbabel provides a tool for this: "Check Translated Messages with a
set of Regular Expressions" (menu Tools-> Validation).

     The file with list of mistakes or cheks must be located on
~/.kde/share/apps/kbabel/regexplist.xml, and you can find an example of
its format here:

http://cat.kde.org/index.php/Fitxer_d%27expressions_regulars

     This example works for catalan team, but you can adapt it to your
language.

     Good luck!