List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Starting team for bn_IN
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-30 7:09:18

G Karunakar wrote:

> To my knowledge, there is still no successor to the
>> former l10n coordinator (me).
>
> is it that no one volunteered?

Yes ("to my knowledge").

> what would be the responsibilities of  KDE l10n coordinator?
> Maybe I could fill in.. (I know it must not be an easy job to be l10n
> coordinator) :-)

Well, it would be a LOT easier if somebody maintained the Howto. ;-) Or
like it was before I wrote the first version of it 8 years ago, when we
organized the l10n server and designed KBabel.

But the main part is probably still to take newcomers "under your wing",
reply to every question they may have, check their first files before
getting them into SVN etc. The other one: to be kind of a "mediator"
between developers and translators, spread important info and clear up
problems / misunderstandings from both sides.

As for additional or newer requirements, others will hopefully provide
some info.

Kind regards,

Thomas