I'm currently working on sort of a DWIM scripting framework for PO files in Python, that I intend to commit soon to l10n-kde4/scripts, and have just realized that a split-on-tags script can easily be had on top of it. After a little tweak to keep apparent widths of CJK characters in sight, this is what it produces on Yukiko's example with no tags: #: kgpglibrary.cpp:281 msgid "" "The image must be a JPEG file. Remember that the image is stored within your " "public key.If you use a very large picture, your key will become very large " "as well! Keeping the image close to 240x288 is a good size to use." msgstr "" "画像は JPEG 形式でなければなりません。また画像は公開鍵の中に取り込まれること" "に注意してください。大きな画像を使えばそれだけ鍵も大きくなります。最適なサイ" "ズは 240x288 です。画像をこれに近づけるのがよいでしょう。" and upon one of the suitable tags (break after

): #: keysmanager.cpp:2176 #, qt-format msgid "" "

Delete SECRET KEY pair %1?

" "Deleting this key pair means you will never be able to decrypt files " "encrypted with this key again." msgstr "" "

秘密鍵のペア %1 を削除しますか?

" "この鍵ペアを削除すると、この鍵で暗号化されたファイルは二度と復号できなくなりま" "す。" However, since the framework parses PO files rather thoroughly, has a lot of scaffolding for DWIM, and I'm doing Python (as in really coding) since about ten days ago, the splitter is mighty slow -- roughly 10 times slower than msgsplit. That's one reason why it would perhaps indeed be best if the splitting would be done by setting up save/load hooks in Kaider, rather than by Scripty on the repository. Another reason is that I would also prefer a suitable form of --no-wrap, where the lines are split only on \n and the tags, and judging by this and earlier threads, this does not seem to be a good setup for everyone. -- Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић) Serbian KDE translation team