List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Number formats in kdelibs4.po
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-08-19 21:49:24

> [: Youssef Chahibi :]
> I would like to know where to get the list of possible number formats, as
> cited in kdelibs4.po: [...] What is the "translation documentation"
> supposed to be?

Regarding number formats, my head for the moment -- I know, decidedly not an
optimal format.

I meant to go through another round of "which number formats do we need",
and then document all somewhere. For the moment, there are two formats: "us"
and "euro", corresponding to the dot/comma inversion for the thousands
separators and decimal symbol.

On the other hand, there is also the wider question of "translation
documentation". I was wondering, as there seems to be quite an encouragement
to write articles about KDE development on the Techbase (
http://techbase.kde.org/), perhaps there could be a translation section too?
(Personally, I'm growing to dislike wiki as source format, as it's a throw-
back to visual text formatting. But what the hell, if it's the cooperative
writing tool these days...)

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team