List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kbabel in kde4
From:       Yukiko Bando <ybando () k6 ! dion ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2007-08-14 5:55:51

Chusslove Illich wrote:

> I think that our specialized tools should be much, much more focused on
> the strength of having code freely available, and programmers and other
> language teams working in cooperation as a norm. To have tools which
> will make easy for an action taken by one translator (such as something
> to do with contexts) to spread as far as generally useful, to other
> language teams and programmers.

I agree. Our strength is in openness, cooperation and sharing.

Speaking of sharing, I referred to Federal Meteorological Handbook No.1
(http://www.ofcm.gov/fmh-1/fmh1.htm) and added detailed descriptions of
weather phenomena and descriptors (shallow, partial, blowing etc.) to
Japanese translation of kweather (kdetoys) as comments. Those might be
useful for other teams too. :)

Yukiko