List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE 4.0 Message Freeze Date?
From:       Yukiko Bando <ybando () k6 ! dion ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2007-08-05 12:20:05

Allen Winter wrote:

> According to the milestones [1] we are currently in a message freeze.
> Obviously that needs to be changed.

According to http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Schedule
Message Freeze is scheduled on August 20, 2007.

> When would be a good time to have the message freeze?
>  After the second beta (25 Aug)?  After the first release candidate?

When will it be ready? :) Of course the more time the better for
translators but I don't want KDE4 to be released with incomplete or
obsolete messages (e.g. DCOP communication error).

> What release should start having translations?

ASAP so translation bugs can be spotted by beta testers, and personally
I've got something to test. :)

Yukiko