List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: The "Hebrew" in kdelibs4.po
From:       "Kevin Scannell" <kscanne () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-07-31 23:56:22

On 7/31/07, Yukiko Bando <ybando@k6.dion.ne.jp> wrote:
> Chusslove Illich wrote:
>
> > I committed split into following contexts: character set, calendar
> > system, spelling dictionary (both for Hebrew and all others).
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> It would be nice if adjective only strings always have context (e.g. what
> is short, recent what, etc.) just like in dolphin.pot. :)

I'd like to second this motion, on behalf of the Irish team.

Are there plans to be more aggressive about adding context strings
across all apps?  Even though I've been translating for a long time I
haven't been subscribed to this list long enough to know how word
spreads about these things.

At the risk of hijacking this thread, here are some of the most
important ones for us:
We desperately need context for short msgids like "Yes", "No", "All",
"None", "Never", and many others like these.  For "Yes" and "No", the
translations depend on precisely what question you are answering.  For
"None"  it is often clearer to be able to translate literally "No
Files" or "No Devices".  Similarly for the others.

Another problem are English words that can be verbs as well as another
part of speech: "Forward", "Underline", "Center".

Then there are a few ambiguous (even in the context of computing)
words that give me fits: "Directory", "Manual", "Tab", "Track",
"Player".

Kevin