List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kbabel in kde4
From:       Krzysztof Lichota <krzysiek () lichota ! net>
Date:       2007-07-23 16:00:10

Martin Schlander napisał(a):
> Since we're brainstorming...
>
> Some functionality I'm missing currently is this:
>
> I translate some new strings in a file and then want to post the diff to a
> mailinglist for proofreading.
>
> I don't want the people on my team to have to proofread the entire file, but
> only the changed strings.
>
> If I create a diff it will only have the changed msgstr, not the accompanying
> msgid. Proofreading msgstr only without the msgid doesn't enable people to
> spot bad translations that are technically correct Danish.

I am using my own set of scripts for this purpose.
See: http://lichota.net/~krzysiek/projects/msgtools/

Example output:
################
msgid:
Opens a dialog to select a folder for the background images.

msgstr1:
Otwiera okno wyboru folderu z obrazkami tła.
                    ^ ^^^^

msgstr2:
Otwiera okno wyboru katalogu z obrazkami tła.
                    ^^^^^ ^

The version on page is quite old, I can update
it if someone is interested.

	Krzysztof Lichota (Polish translation team)