List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kbabel in kde4
From:       "Grigory Mokhin" <mokhin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-07-20 16:36:12

On 7/20/07, Thomas Diehl <thd@kde.org> wrote:
> Nick Shaforostoff wrote:
>
> > And it also explains why: because sometimes one english string may have
> > two or more different translations depending on the context.
>
> Maybe somewhere on the web page(s) but not in "KBabel features NOT to be
> implemented" where it just is called "a joke". Main thing, there is an
> easy way to avoid re-translating duplicate stuff and to "initiate" a new
> POT file (no question that "rough translation" was mostly useless except
> for messages already translated elsewhere).

Now it is on the web page. This feature is called "fuzzy" translation
in commercial translation workbenches (that cost a lot of money), and
Nick has hands-on experience with these apps. From the description it
is not so clear, indeed, a screenshot would be helpful.

If Nick is able to complete this project as stated, Kaider will be a
killer app, even more than KBabel was at its time. I wish developers
and translators will start testing it and giving feedback to it ASAP.

Regards,
Gregory