List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Renames in l10n-kde4/.../kdelibs
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2007-07-08 12:47:03

Am Sonntag, 8. Juli 2007 13:05:26 schrieb Chusslove Illich:
> Upon release of KDE4, it is expected that kdelibs of KDE4 and of KDE3 are
> able to live side by side on the system. Regarding translations, this means
> that some KDE4 kdelibs POs need to be renamed in order not to overwrite
> those from KDE3 kdelibs.

Are you sure that this change is really necessary? What problems do you see
exactly?

SuSE for example stores KDE 3 PO-Files in
/opt/kde3/share/locale
and for KDE 4 in
/opt/kde4/share/locale

So there should not be any conflicts. I don't see any reason why other distros
should handle it different. I believe that all distros that deliver KDE3 and
4 will keep those files at different places and not all in /usr/share/locale
or whatever.
How was this handled with the first release of KDE 3.0?

Am i missing some important thing? Please explain.

Thank you
Thomas