List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KBabel / Kaider
From:       Frederik Schwarzer <schwarzerf () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-21 1:38:41

On Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2007, Thomas Reitelbach wrote:

> Please see my attached mockup, sorry for the 10KB and sorry for my limited
> skills with qt designer ;-)
> Imagine that every red "+" would show/hide the relevant plural form _in
> addition_ to the others. This way we can a) save space and b) are able to
> see all plural forms at once, if we like to.

Hmm, I don't get it. What's the difference to tabs with respect to space?
The tool box layout you used seems more space consuming than an ordinary tab
bar and as far as I know a tool box allows only one open "tab" as well. So
there would be no possibility to see multiple plural forms at once.
The splitter layout with the different forms among each other would be a hell
for languages with more than just a few forms.

The only thing I can think of (besides the tabs, which I have not so many
problems with) would be a list view with one line for each form.

But I see one thing that should be clarified first. KBabel vs. KAider.
Fix some little issues in KBabel is ok, but thinking of larger changes for a
programme that is likely to be dropped for another one, is kinda wasted
manpower.

regards