List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KBabel / Kaider
From:       Bozidar Proevski <bobibobi () freemail ! com ! mk>
Date:       2007-06-20 19:42:30

On Wednesday 20 June 2007 20:00:37 Spiros Georgaras wrote:
> I second that
> This is a great idea!!!

+1 from me :)

> Another problem is translation memory search. In many occasions it will
> never return/end  and kdevelop has to be killed. So what I do is:
> 	save my work
> 	perform search
> 	pray it won't get stuck
> I suspect this happens when the search term has no match in the translation
> memory; can't be sure though

About translation memory, I believe that sqlite is a much more stable solution
that bdb.
The shortcuts for searching do not work. The source code context feature
doesn't always work (probably has to do with string extraction).

Best regards
Bozidar Proevski

P.S. I know this is not a bug but still. KBabel should read the highlight
regexp from the conf. file? It is currently hardcoded in kbhighlighting.cpp.
At least the OpenOffice.org help translators and Drupal translators can
benefit from having user definable highlight regexps. (After all, KBabel is
the most used tool for translating FOSS projects)